Sunday, September 30, 2007

Flying Home


Yesterday, I left New York City with my dad and hopped on a flight to San Jose, California...my hometown. Stepping off of the plane was a weird experience. I was met by the deafening sound of...absolutely nothing. Instead of honking horns and constant ambient traffic and sirens and gang shootings...there was nothing. Strange.

Before I left, I had a dialect lesson with a one Ms. Susan Cameron. It was fun, but also a strong reminder of how much work this whole experience is going to be. The dialect is so subtle and so intricate...i just want to make it second nature so i can really focus on the play.

Today, my mom and I went shopping for some "Los Angeles" clothes. She really wants to pick me out a funky outfit for opening night, or as she called it, "a mod, Beatles, rocker outfit." We found some good stuff and I think I have a good start as to what I think I want to wear on the opening.

In honor of the show at hand, I couldn't resist buying a couple Ben Sherman things (for the Union Jack).

It was nice to drive. It was nice to spend some time with my mom. And it was especially nice to see a Carls Jr. Why we don't have them on the East Coast I will never know.

Anyway, I miss all of my friends. I wish I could be around to see "In Trousers," "Urinetown," and "Galileo." To everyone apart of those shows and others that I will be missing...BREAK SOME FUCKING TIBIAS AND FIBULAS! I will be thinking about all of you and how amazing you will all be.

Alright...that's it for now.

I've decided to end each post with a quote from "The History Boys." So, here it goes.


"With a poem or any work of art, we can never say "in other words". If it is a work of art there are no other words."

No comments: