Friday, November 9, 2007

Flowers and Sweet Transvestites


Two previews under our belts and we are feeling extremely positive and excited about the upcoming month!

Just a quick post this time because I have two new fun pictures!

My family sent a gorgeous arrangement of flowers to the stage door for me! It was a wonderful surprise and gave me such an energy boost for the show that night. Here is what they look like sitting at my dressing room table! Thanks family!!!



Also, last night's preview went extremely well! And as most of you theatre folk know, the second performance is always the toughest. This audience was a dream! They were with us from the very start and they never let go. It was a thrill!

It also didn't hurt that Mr. Tim Curry decided to join us that evening. He came backstage after the show and I was fortunate enough to meet him and talk to him briefly. He is the sweetest, kindest, and most complementary gentleman! I was also fortunate enough to snag a quick picture with him before I took off! Enjoy!



We have a few more previews left to go! If you would like to see the show in it's fetal stages, please come support us during previews! Visit the Center Theatre Group website and get your tickets now! Otherwise, we will see you whenever you decide to come! Time to get ready for another day of rehearsal/show! Take care!

Alex "I Met Tim Curry" Brightman

"A euphemism is a nice way of saying something nasty. Whereas, "have a drink," is a nice way of saying something nice."

-Dakin to Mr. Irwin

2 comments:

Dr. J said...

Hey Alex,

Wow! Can you believe that all this happening? Fantastic! I've been in DC and Taiwan the past week so didn't have a chance to keep up with the blog, but it's amazing all that's going on for you and the History Boys team. We here on the East Coast are so proud of you and thrilled with your success. Can't believe that I'll be in the audience next week (wow - next week!)on opening night! Break that proverbial leg!!!
Love,
Uncle Jerry

Jesse B. said...

"it's just a jump to the left..."