Wednesday, November 14, 2007

OPENING NIGHT


Well History Boys and Girls, we finally made it to the PRESS OPENING NIGHT of THE HISTORY BOYS!

So many friends, family, and not to mention a few celebrity guests will be joining us this evening for, what I think is going to be, an AMAZING NIGHT!

With the help and support of everyone in the cast, crew, and creative team, this show is now a livewire full of energy.

When I first read the play, I could only imagine the kind of energy it would take to make Alan Bennett's words fully come to fruition.

And now, a mere two and a half months later, I am fortunate enough to see that energy at work. It is a wonderfully satisfying feeling to bounce 3 tons of energy around a stage for almost 3 hours a night. I can't wait to share this beautiful play with everyone.

Thank you again to everyone who has been following along on this blog. And thanks to all of my friends back home in NYC. I miss you all so terribly and it kills me that I can't fly you all out here to come see it. I love you and miss you all!

I have to go get ready now because we have an interview today for KNBC news. Check it out tonight at around 5pm!

To those who have already seen the show, THANK YOU FOR COMING...AND COME AGAIN!

For those of you who are coming tonight or during the regular run, WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!

And for those of you who don't have tickets yet...WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!

Be on the lookout for post-show party pictures! Those should be a riot.

Until then, "Wish (us) luck as you wave (us) goodbye!"

Always,
Alex and the cast of THB

"Eight really brilliant, bright, good looking boys learn how to succeed in the modern world."

-Paul Miller on THE HISTORY BOYS

No comments: