Tuesday, October 16, 2007

And Now We Add Music


Unlike most straight plays, "The History Boys" has a lot of MUSIC!

So, today we began learning it all! My character (Posner) sings the majority of the songs in the show, but there are also two songs we sing as a group.

Some of the songs include:

* Accordeoniste by Edith Piaf
*Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered
*Bye, Bye, Blackbird
*Wish Me Luck as You Wave Me Goodbye by Gracie Fields

and a couple more....all played fabulously by two handsome gentlemen...Mr. Brett Ryback and Mr. Andrew McClain.

Today was really intense with Richard because we are trying to squeeze in so much information in such a short amount of time. But I think that all of this crazy work is going to pay off in the end. We already sound good...soon enough, we will sound GREAT!

Alright...time to watch the Red Sox game with Seth.

"Give me a smile I can keep all the while in my heart while I'm away." ---Excerpt from Wish Me Luck

No comments: