Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Table Work


Two days into rehearsal and already the show is looking great!

We are spending a lot of time doing table work, sitting around a table and talking through each scene.

The show is chock full of references and poems and it is important that we understand everything in the script before we begin to put it on it's feet.

I am personally having the time of my life sitting and talking with brilliant people about this play.

Our director, Paul Miller, also supplements the table work process with audio clips of Alan Bennett reading from his diary. It is both hysterical and insightful into the mind of the playwright.

Something that i was primarily worried about was the dialect and how authentic it was all going to sound. After all, this is a British show with an almost all American cast.

HOWEVER, my worries have ceased 100% after the last couple of days. Even though we still have work to do, everyone in the show is putting on a stellar accent!!!

That is all thanks to the uncomparable JB Blanc, who mixes a crash course dialect class with hysterical stories from his life. And when i say hysterical...I mean...I wish i could explain it, hysterical!

Basically, we are all having a great time.

I feel so fortunate to have the honor of working with such talented and wonderful people. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

That's it for now! Get excited about The History Boys...because it's coming!

"I really enjoyed doing this one. And I'm beginning to get it. Turning facts on their head. It's like a game."

1 comment:

Chad Darnell said...

Wow! Really cool blog! I can't wait to see the show!

You'll be glad you recorded all of this in years to come to look back on.

Take care.