Friday, October 5, 2007

THE FIRST REHEARSAL!



I just got home from a long day at the Ahmanson Rehearsal Annex where we had our first rehearsal for our little British show.

In a word: AMAZINGINSANEAWESOMERIDICULOUSFASCINATINGNEWEXCITINGSPECTACULAR!

First off, I got to meet the rest of the boys! They are all incredible guys and we all had such an immediate bond with each other. I guess we were all psyched to be where we were. It's so funny because almost all of the boys know each other in one way or another. For example, Brett Ryback, who will be playing Scripps knows about 10 people I know from different walks of life. It's the same for all the rest of us.

The we met the adults, or as our director wants us to call them, the "teachers." He believes that we should all be ADULTS!

Everyone is so nice and talented, and we barely got the show off the ground yet!

Today was not really a rehearsal, as far as rehearsing goes...allow me to elaborate.

All of the boys got measured for their suits...then we all got haircuts. Some of us got cut big time...some of us, just a snip.

After going over some business (Equity papers, contact sheets, paperwork stuff), the boys were let go.

However, I was asked to remain to begin tablework with the teachers. Because a number of my scenes are conversations with the teachers, I stayed and had my first REAL REHEARSAL.

We read through all of the scenes and talked about the various subtexts and references throughout. After about two hours of that, it was time to call it a day.

Tomorrow, we begin dialect! I'm nervous.

Oh yeah! Our stage manager told us today that we have been invited as a cast to see the most recent production that is taking place at the Ahmanson. It will give us a chance to see the theater at work.

Turns out, that show is "AVENUE Q." I couldn't be more excited! That's on Tuesday!

Bye for now!

"If you want to know about Hollywood, study Henry VIII."

No comments: